Monday, October 8, 2012

Merry Christmas

Dear Friends and Family,                                                      December 19, 2011

          Tomorrow Sarah will be leaving the MTC on her way to Florida. I am sure that she has been very busy and in her email she said, "One of the elders in my district said, I have learn so much in the last 4 years in the MTC." It does feel like you have done so much in a very short time.

          We have been visiting each ward for about two weeks and we are now in the Visalia 6th ward which is the fifth ward we have served in. Once this introduction is done we plan on work in one ward for six to twelve weeks and then help in the next ward. We are relying on the Lord each day to guide us. We have met great people here and you will never guess, I have been asked to help with another wedding. It is for a couple who has three adorable sons ages 4, 3, and 2. The youngest is named Aeden. Their wedding is on Friday so I am making flowers Wednesday. They hope to be baptismed on the 31st of December.

          We have a zone conference tomorrow so the elders helped us wax our car so it would pass inspection. No, our car doesn't have to be inspected but it sounded good. The elders were a great help.

          We have been blest to visit and meet many people who haven't let missionaries in their homes before. David has such kind personality and people love him instantly. I am glad they let me in too. I find it very interesting to watch human nature and see how the spirit works to change lives. I am so grateful to be on the Lord's side. Our mission president said, "Why would a person be a missionary? Espeically a young person." He answered himself, "The Gospel in true." I have a testimony of this Gospel and I would do anything for my God.  

          Sunday was crazy. David dropped me off for ward counsel for the 6th  ward and then with a brother from the 1st ward as a companion he drove to Lindsey to help comfirm Israel. Israel was late getting to church and very surprised to see Elder Sheffer because David told him he wouldn't be able to make it. At the end of the day we had over 75 miles of the car from all the trips to different chapels.

          Well we are off to have Family Night with a less active family.

                             We love you all.     Elder and Sister Sheffer

No comments:

Post a Comment